Measure H was approved by at least 55% of the voters of the Sonoma Valley Unified School District School District. The Board of Trustees was required to appoint a Citizens’ Oversight Committee after the successful bond election.
The primary charge of the Oversight Committee is to inform the public about the expenditure of bond revenues and to ensure these revenues are spent for the purposes described in Measure H. We have attached a copy of the Measure H text to this page.
The Citizens’ Oversight Committee is required to have representatives from the following:
- One member active in a business organization representing the business community located within the District.
- One member active in a senior citizens’ organization.
- One member active in a bona fide taxpayers’ organization.
- One member who is the parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District.
- One member who is the parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District and who is active in a parent-teacher organization, such as the PTA or school site council.
- Two other members, selected from the public at large.
Next committee meeting: January 31, 2017, 6pm at SVUSD
Minutes & Agendas
Please click here to view the most recent Citizens' Oversight Committee Agenda.
Annual Reports to the Board of Trustees
Please click here to view the Citizens' Oversight Committee's Annual Report.
General Obligation Bond Info
Roster of Members
To reach members of the Oversight Committee, please call 935-4249.
- George McKale, Chairman
- Chris McNairy, Co-Chairman
- Sally Hillard, Secretary
- Kevin Berger
- Veronica Brooks
- Becky Elster
- Jay Gruendle
- Havard Staggs